Wednesday, October 14, 2015

TJ's Household Haiku Challenge - Tea Cosy

Although I've never owned a tea cosy, I've decided to write a haiku about one, so I could link up to the blog hop at TJ's Household Haiku Challenge - Tea Cosy.

My maternal grandmother drank only green tea.  Many years ago before I gave up drinking anything with caffeine, I enjoyed iced tea with sugar added.  These days my tea drinking is limited to only an occasional cup of herbal tea, usually on a cold winter evening.



Made for its purpose
the tea cosy hugged the pot
to maintain its warmth

While visitors talked
the tea cosy did its duty
so tea would not cool

4 comments:

  1. A lovely pair of Haiku. A great take on the prompt. Thanks so much for participating! :) TJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Haiku, they really do make me feel warm and fuzzy! :-)

    ReplyDelete