Thursday, September 24, 2015

Finish the Sentence Friday - If I could have a superpower. . .

This is my post to Kristi's blog hop Finish the Sentence Friday - If I could have a superpower I would want to be able to. . .  The co-host this week is Amy.

It seems like so many movies have characters who have incredible super powers.  The sky's the limit. The superpower I have chosen is to have selective surround vision that could telescope through walls when appropriate.  To be able to see all around me all the time would be too much of a sensory overload, but to be able to use it when it would help me be safe or keep someone else safe, or help me zero in on that misplaced item would be so helpful.   It would have been very helpful when our children were growing up or when I was caregiver for my Mom.  It would be very important to the recipient of such a gift to use it wisely and not to abuse the power, hence it would come with the exception clause that if inappropriately used, the gift would be taken away.

Does this sound like a superpower you would enjoy having?






11 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I'm not sure I would get nearly as much exercise with it though. LOL

      Delete
  2. That sounds like an excellent superpower. Seriously. I love it! Thanks so much for linking up and I hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. might get dizzy, when you're like, driving, no? lol that awareness thing is very cool (as a super power) and, actually is a goal of my own (no, not as a superpower, but to try and be more aware of my surroundings as I'm in them…as opposed to staying stuck in my own head, ya know?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, having that power while driving might take some getting used to. I understand that staying stuck in one's own head thing, especially when it comes to writing.

      Delete
  4. I'm on the autism spectrum, and I hear sounds like that. No you would not enjoy it. While I can open a window and let the kids play outside and spy on them while playing on the computer, nobody realizes I can do that, so they think the kids are unsupervised and have an opinion about that. Note: It's when you stop hearing them that there's really an issue, and most of the crying sounds are fake because someone didn't get their way.

    But you'll hear things that will qualify you for a diagnosis with super sensitivity to sound. Ghosts talk on a different frequency. Most ghost hunters record them, and they have to up the decibels to hear them. I don't. I can't hear them enough to get a coherent answer to one of life's mysteries, like, "Do spirits have belly buttons?" but I hear them enough to hear demons say random things like, "Oh My G... She's so fat" when I take off my shirt.

    And driving, see I have a rather fond sensation for noticing movement, like a skiddish cat. So when I'm driving, sometimes when the sensory overload starts to tick, cars pulling up to pull out pull up so fast I think they are going to near hit me. Then I count how many cars are on the road, including behind me. Then I keep a record. It's really overwhelming.

    BUT I love that people think heightened senses are a super power they kind of wish they had. But some people do have this. They aren't usually considered super at all because while they can hear everything clearer, they can't communicate too well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I think the blog hop challenge was a fun thing to consider, but in reality most of us probably are ready for what it would be like to have superpowers. I can understand how overwhelming the challenges you have could be, or I think I can. I'm not sure any of us truly understand exactly what other's experience.

      Delete
  5. Ah I'll wish this on my husband then! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's funny, Corinne. I wonder if he'd like that?

      Delete
  6. Being able to see everywhere would be wonderful. Although, who gets to decide if my use of the superpower is inappropriate? If I find my child playing with electronics, when he is supposed to be doing chores, does he get to take away my superpower? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I think the "giver" of the superpower should be the one who takes away the superpower if it is used inappropriately.

      Delete