Friday, August 7, 2015

100 Word Challenge for Grown Ups - Week #161 - ...it made my tongue tingle

This sounded like a fun blog hop.  Click 100 Word Challenge for Grown Ups - Week #161 to see what others have shared.  The prompt this week is "...but it made my tongue tingle."  The challenge is to write a post using the prompt and writing exactly 100 words.


Some people who knew my Mom when she was young called her Ginger or Jenny.  I tried to imagine her as a young girl being called by that name.  

Mom used to make a dark gingerbread for us to eat for dessert.  I especially enjoyed it when she topped it with rich whipped cream.

My maternal grandmother had curly ginger colored hair.  My husband's father was called Red before he became bald.

Recently I've learned of the health benefits of ginger in the diet, but when I bought some uncrystallized candied ginger for a treat, it made my tongue tingle.  



 

2 comments:

  1. I bet it did Pat. My son loves crystalised ginger but it has to be covered in chocolate! Thanks for joining in this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can you buy the ginger that way, or do you melt chocolate so you can dip the pieces in it? Chocolate makes just about anything taste better. I'll have to try that.

      Delete